Hyattsville Mennonite Church is an urban Christian congregation committed to making Mennonite traditions and beliefs relevant in the cultural setting of the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area.
Central to our corporate faith are:
- the primacy of the life and teachings of Jesus Christ;
- Anabaptist values and beliefs;
- a commitment to congregation-based decision making and leadership.
We strive to:
- be a compassionate community of Christian fellowship, love, support, and stability in this transient setting;
- foster the integration of spirituality and vocation;
- invite commitment to faith in Jesus Christ and deepen faith through ministries of worship, education, service, and hospitality;
- call forth and celebrate the talents and abilities of children and adults in all areas of church life;
- encourage commitment to a service-oriented way of life.
Adopted January 21, 1990, at a congregational meeting.