Hyattsville Mennonite Church
4217 East-West Highway
Hyattsville MD 20782
Phone: (301) 927-7327
The town of Hyattsville straddles U.S. Route 1 in Prince George’s County, just northeast of Washington, D.C. The church building is on the south side of East-West Highway (Maryland Route 410), between Route 1 and Queens Chapel Road (Maryland Route 500). Our meeting place is convenient to public transportation (by Washington-area standards), and we wish to encourage the use of bus, Metro (subway) and carpools.
If you would like to visit and do not have access to private or public transportation, contact the church office. We may be able to refer you to an attender or member from your neighborhood who can share a ride. We hope that these directions will help you find our meeting place. If you have any difficulties, please call the church at the phone number listed above.
Washington Area Map
- Take the Beltway (95 or 495, depending on location) to exit 25 (Route 1).
- Follow Route 1 south for two miles and turn right (westbound) on East-West Highway (Maryland Route 410).
- Proceed in the leftmost lane to the next light (five-point intersection with Adelphi Road and Queens Chapel Road.).
- Make a U-turn.
Proceed eastbound in the far-right lane on East-West Highway.
- The church is 1 1/2 blocks on the right. See map below.
(Alternatively, if you don’t like U-turns, stay on Route 1 across East-West Highway, turn right on Queensbury Road at the next light, turn right onto 42nd Avenue, right onto East-West Highway and right into the church driveway in 1/2 block.)
Driving directions to Hyattsville Mennonite Church from Washington, D.C.:
- Take Michigan Avenue at Catholic University and follow it northeast into Maryland, where it becomes Queens Chapel Road.
- About two miles into Maryland, Queens Chapel Road will end at East-West Highway, Maryland Route 410. At this point turn right and proceed 1 1/2 blocks to the church.
- Take the Green Line MetroRail to the Hyattsville Crossing Metro (subway) stop.
- From here, it is about a 15-minute walk to the church building. You may choose the more direct walk along a busy highway or the more pleasant walk through a residential neighborhood.
More direct walk from Metro (subway):
- Walk out to East-West Highway and turn right (east).
- Stay on the south (right) side East-West Highway and cross Belcrest Road.
- Walk along block and cross Queens Chapel Road at the five-way intersection.
- Continue 1.5 blocks to HMC.
More pleasant walk from Metro (subway):
- Walk to Belcrest Road and turn right (southeast).
- Walk past the Hyattsville Fire Station on your right and cross Queens Chapel Road at the light. Here, Belcrest Road turns into Queensbury Road.
- Continue along Queensbury Road for three short and one longer block.
- Go left on 42nd Avenie and immediately right onto Carrollton Terrace (marked “Dead End Street”).
- Continue to the cul-de-sac, and you’ll see the HMC parking lot and building through the trees. There are gravel paths from the cul-de-sac into our parking lot.
From certain locations, the Metrobus may be just as convenient, if not more convenient, than MetroRail. Click here for online MetroBus schedules.
Coming from DC:
- Take the 81 or 86 bus northbound from Metro’s Rhode Island Avenue Station (Red Line).
- The 86 Bus will bring you to the corner of 42nd Avenue and Queensbury Road (see local map above). Walk across Queensbury Road, immediately right onto Carrollton Terrace, follow to the end and take the short gravel path from the cul-de-sac into our parking lot.
- The 81 Bus goes straight up Route 1. Ask the driver to let you off at Queensbury Road, cross Route 1 and follow Queensbury to 42nd Avenue, go right, immediately right onto Carrollton Terrace, follow to its end and take the short gravel path from the cul-de-sac to our parking lot.
Coming from Maryland:
- Catch the 86 bus southbound (along Powder Mill Road in Beltsville/Calverton, or Rhode Island Avenue in North College Park) or the 81 bus southbound [along Cherry Hill Road or at Metro’s Greenbelt Station (Green Line)].
- The 86 Bus turns right from Route 1 onto East-West Highway. Get off at the stop between 43rd Avenue and 42nd Avenue, and carefully cross the highway to the church building.
- The 81 Bus goes straight down Route 1. Get off at Queensbury Road, go right and follow Queensbury to 42nd Avenue, go right, then immediately right onto Carrollton Terrace, follow to its end and take the short gravel path from the cul-de-sac to our parking lot.